Many adults missed out on having a Bar or Bat Mitzvah as a teenager. But it is never too late!
Embark on a wonderful adventure of mind and spirit, as you advance your Jewish studies and practice.
You will study privately with one of our Rabbis or Educators virtually or in-person, once a month for 10 months, leading up to a ceremony on the date of your choosing.
Imagine the potential of an hour of study with a Jewish professional each month: a chance to make Judaism relevant and accessible for you, to carefully unpack the meaning behind prayers, and a safe place to explore your questions about God and to learn more about ritual.
We discuss topics such as
- What do all these prayers mean anyway and what do they have to do with me?
- Who are we praying to?
- How do I make Shabbat meaningful
- The meaning of your particular Torah portion
- Ethics discussions, relating ancient texts to modern situations.
- Mussar: the Jewish practice of putting our ethics into action
- Meanwhile, you will study privately with a Hebrew tutor to master reading of liturgy and Torah. We offer Hebrew tutoring online and in-person in Boulder CO, Arvda CO, Armonk NY, Oklahoma City OK.
Each student takes on an independent study project on the topic of their choice, focusing on an area of interest to you. Past students have chosen topics as diverse as compiling a family history and a deep study of Jewish values related to business practice.
The Ceremony: The ceremony will be at a location you select, with the friends and family of your choosing attending. Your place, your date, your community!
No prior Hebrew knowledge is required, only a willingness to learn.
The fee for the Bar or Bat Mitzvah coaching and the ceremony are based on location, beginning at $5,000. This does not include Hebrew tutoring.
The course of study is available to all adults, who missed out on the Bar or Bat Mitzvah gifts of Cross Pens, calculators, or Israel Bonds when you were 13.