Mitzvah Class for B’nai Mitzvah
$600.00 – $5,150.00
This form will serve as a contractual agreement for rabbinical services and enrollment in our Bar and Bat Mitzvah program.
Fee: $5,000 for members
$5,250 for non-members
The following are included:
1. 12 Mitzvah Class sessions
2. 2 sessions with Rabbi Korngold to plan service
3. Monthly one-on-one supervision by our Educator (Only applies if not being tutored by one of our Educators)
4. Private Bar or Bat Mitzvah ceremony
5. Use of our Torah
6. Use of 100 Adventure Rabbi prayer books.
7. Membership for the Bar or Bat Mitzvah candidate to the Adventure Judaism Congregation during the course.
8. Admission to the following events for the student and 1 adult:
- Shabbat Service/ Friday on Flagstaff July
- Rosh Hashanah Retreat (dinner and lodging not included)
- Kol Nidre
- Yom Kippur Middle School Program
- Passover Retreat (dinner not included)
- Note: If the student and parent are members, we will give you a tuition discount so you are not double paying. The free admission must be used by that member.
You will be responsible for the following expenses:
1. $5,000 -$5,250 program fee per student
2. All fees associated with venue rental
3. Hebrew Tutoring fees
Discounts, Additions, Payment Plans & Refunds:
-Fees increase if the ceremony is outside of Boulder Colorado. See below.
-Member Discount: If the student and parent are not both members of the Adventure Judaism Congregation in 2019, the student’s tuition is $5,250.
-Payment in Full Discount: Pay in full now and receive a $100 discount. 50% of payment is non-refundable. On Jan 1, the entire amount becomes non-refundable.
-Two payments: 50% of the balance will be charged today and the remaining 50% will be charged on January 1, 2019. All payments will be charged automatically and are non-refundable.
-Monthly Payment Plan: One-time $100 fee and $500 deposit charged today. The remainder will be divided into a maximum of ten payments. Payments will be charged on the 1st of each month until they are completed. Payments must be completed before the class ends. All payments are non-refundable.
Bar and Bat mitzvah students must be willing to meet these requirements to be accepted to this program:
1. Enjoy social situations with peers and be willing and able to work with a group. Be willing to bring in any student who feels left out.
2. Be ready to learn! There are no Hebrew or Religious school prerequisites for this class but you must be ready to learn.
3. Students are expected to be respectful of the Rabbi, other staff and each other. Although this is a fun program, it is still academically rigorous and school rules apply.
4. Complete all homework (google doc) assignments and share with the Rabbi. They generally take 30 minutes to write-up.
4. Parents must be willing to join our class Livingtree group where our we post important information.
5. Students must complete the required Hebrew prayers, 6 Torah verses, and speeches before the ceremony. (Students must learn to read in Hebrew, not transliteration.)